Monday, November 22, 2010

Girl's Night Out


Alyson, Kourtney and I went to see a high school performance of "The Wizard of Oz" Saturday night, and we had such a fun time. The acting was pretty good, especially for a high school production. All the key characters kept us amused!

Although the play was the reason we went out, what I liked best was just being with the girlies. I learn something new about them each time it's just the three of us or when I get a chance to be with them one on one.

Something I would like to share from Sautrday night happened as we were walking through the parking lot to the high school. The sun had gone down and the stars were just beginning to emerge when Alyson spotted the first star, and told Kourtney she could be the one to wish on it.

Kourtney's reply, "I don't care about that. I just care about the things I already have."

What a great response...If only I could think as she did at that moment, count my blessings and realize that I should really just appreciate what I already have.

Alyson shared her star, and Kourtney shared such a great lesson!

No comments: