Monday, July 23, 2012

June 2012 Celebrations

The last week of school was really basically about celebrating the end of the school year.  One afternoon was devoted to a field day in which the whole school was out in the playground playing various games.  As you can see, Alyson got pretty wet playing a water game and then cooling herself off with a hose.  This is Aly with her 3rd grade teacher, Mrs. Skalsky.


 The second grade class had a bar-b-cue the last week too.  This is Kourtney with Mrs. Blakeslee, the principal, and Mrs. Rumsey, her teacher.
 Picture from the field day.
Love this picture of the sisterly love between Kourtney and Ellary.  Wish it was this way all the time.  How heavenly that would be.

Kris and I celebrated our 13 WEDDING ANNIVERSARY on JUNE 16th.  I chose to capitalize this event because I can't believe it has been so long since our wedding day!  What a wonderful life I have had with Kris by my side.  I love him so much.

We thought we ought to celebrate this occasion with a little more than just dinner, so we went to a Detroit Tigers baseball game.  Get this...They played the Colorado Rockies.  Although we were in a different stadium, this event reminded us so much of our days spent in Denver the summer of 2001.  We attended a ton of Rockies games and even though the team had a losing season overall, we considered ourselves their good luck charms.  They won like 75% of the games we attended.

The Tigers beat the Rockies at Detroit.  Win/win situation.  Good for us.

What a fun day making new memories!

 What a beautiful skyline.



Not only was June 17th our real wedding anniversary, but it was also Father's Day.  Ellary and Keegan made a beautiful card with Sister Smith while we were at the Tiger's game the day before.
 Both Aly and Koco made their own cards.
 And all the kids helped make Kris a coupon book.
I gave Kris a picture of MSU, mostly features the sports complexes.

The best part of the day was just spending it together.  Kris, I love you because of the amazing person you are.  You care for us so perfectly and love us so much.  Thank you for being my eternal companion and the father of my children.  You mean the world to me, and I feel so lucky you chose me to live this life with and the life to come!

No comments: