Saturday, October 19, 2013

Back to BYU

Kris attended the annual BYU Accounting Conference last weekend. He's attended every year since graduating from BYU with the exception of last year because I was due with Joel the week before. Returning to where he first truly blead white and blue is something that he looks forward to. He enjoyed visiting with old friends and taking my niece and two nephews in SLC to a BYU football game. In addition to the normal stuff he does there Kris also ran by the hospital Alyson was born at and found a little bit of extra time to drive by the last apartment we lived in. It's been almost ten years since we moved to the four plex in Orem and it still looks the same!

Some memories I recall in that apartment include taking Easter pictures of Alyson on the front lawn when she was one year old, inviting our parents plus my sister Renee and her family to eat with us so we could play charades in order to tell them that we were pregnant with Kourtney, Alyson climbing through the kitchen cupboards to follow our cat J.R., and pulling into the carport from work or class to find Kris feeding Alyson yogurt in the swing at lunch time. No wonder they have such a great bond. Kris had the opportunity to spend a lot time with Alyson while we lived there.

I have so many more memories that come flooding back when I look at the pictures Kris sent me, very special memories that remind me every once and a while that I think I left a piece of my heart in Provo. Question is, will I ever get it back again? If I never do I hope that one if not all our kids will someday find it for me.

No comments: