Monday, October 12, 2009

This Week at a Glance

A few significant events are happening this week including Kris' 33rd birthday on Thursday. Happy early birthday, Babe! I know it will probably be a difficult one, but I'm here for you in whatever capacity you need me. To everyone else, please remember to wish Kris a happy birthday. Please remind him just how great he is and how he has so much to look forward to this year. He will appreciate your kindness and friendship as will I.

Also, we are coming down to about 2 1/2 weeks left of this pregnancy. I say "we" because Kris has been there every step of the way, through doctor's appointments, ultrasounds, and the day to day events that seem to only come when you've got a pregnant woman living in your home.

About three weeks ago I told Kris to take a look at my belly because Keegan was making it wave as he does throughout the day. It's become normal to me, and probably normal to most pregnant women to have your belly peak like Mount Everest or look like the ocean in the middle of a typhoon. No wonder most of us (pregnant women) are consumed and obsessed about our pregnancies, and at moments want everyone to feel as good, or as bad as we feel sometimes. Most people know that I love to be pregnant, but now that my due date is only a few weeks away, I can't wait for it to be over.

The reality that we will be a family of 6 hasn't really sunk in yet though and at times I feel like the condition I am currently in (overweight, achy, and tired) is just the way it will be forever. I know it's not true, and I am grateful for that. I am also really looking forward to trading in my current condition, and about 15 pounds of infant and placenta for a beautiful baby boy to hold. I suspect that Kris is feeling the same way too-excited about having a baby boy.

Kris and I really treasure those special moments at the hospital, the ones leading up to the delivery of our babies and the two days following. What a special bonding experience it has been for us, and I encourage couples who are expecting babies to take advantage of the intimate moments that can only happen between husband, wife, and baby once in a lifetime. It's only been better for us with each additional child we've had. It's the best time of my life, and I really look forward to being with Kris and Keegan.

Anyway, I'll get off my soap box and just say, thanks everyone for your love and support, and again, "Happy early birthday, Kris!" I love you this much

1 comment:

hillary said...

Happy (late) Birthday, Kris. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. As someone who's had to deal with loosing a parent, I know it is All-Star TOUGH, especially when it seems like they were just too young. I just think it is so awesome that she was able to go to the temple. She's probably off doing some important work.
You guys enjoy your new baby boy! Boys are full of excitement and adventure! You have such a beautiful red-headed family. Love that red hair!