Thursday, November 26, 2009

Pre-Thanksgiving Celebration...And...a Moment of Despiration

Kourtney and Alyson both had feasts at their school to celebrate Thanksgiving. They had a fun time making hats and turkeys then chowing down on tasty snacks. Here are a couple pictures of Koco at her celebration. She's the lone pilgrim in the pic below!
Alyson's teacher asked her if she would play the violin for her class before feast. She played "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and "Mary Had a Little Lamb," and did a great job especially considering she's only been taking lessons for a few months.
So, here is my MOMENT OF DESPERATION. Alyson and Kourtney were suppose to bring a snack to share with their classes. I copped out on Koco's celebration because I bought strawberry shortcake rolls and cut them up into slices. I decided that I'd actually make something for Alyson's celebration the next day, but my plans were nearly foiled when Ellary and Keegan both woke up from their naps at the same time, just when I was in the middle of stirring up blueberry cupcake ingredients. How I have forgotten how complicated schedules can get with a toddler and a newborn! Ellary was hungry. Keegan was hungry. And I only had so much time before the cupcakes needed to be made and delivered.

Ellary found a bag of Cheetos in the pantry and began to squeal "Mooore! Mooore!" while Keegan cried in his bouncy seat and I stirred, stirred, stirred. Out of pure desperation I gave in and set Ellary in her high chair, pulled off her dress and let her plow into the bag of Cheetos. Notice, I gave her a cup of yogurt, just to balance it off! In a couple of minutes I had the cupcake batter poured and in the oven, and Keegan was eating lunch too. Wow-what a time! I took these pics after Keegan ate a little and settled down, just to let you know!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

It seems I have those moments of despiration daily. Why does everything happen at once? Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!