Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Alyson Loses Her First Tooth

Alyson, Kourtney and I had dinner at some friends' house last night while Kris was out of town. I had been sitting at the dinner table while the girls were situated at the counter top when all of a sudden Alyson said, "Mommy, something really bad happened." I turned around in my seat to find Alyson with a smudge of bright red blood across her forehead and more of it oozing out of her mouth. I looked in the direction that her eyes were looking...the carpet...white carpet...none the less. Thankfully we found a clean, white baby tooth on the floor, and the clean white carpet unharmed. Now it was time to console Alyson. "You just lost your tooth, Alyson. That's great. The dentist said this could happen and it would be OK," I explained as we made our way to the bathroom. The bleeding stopped after a little pressure against the empty hole in her gums. She rinsed and then went back to eating. Wow-what a trooper, I thought as I sat back down at the table. Going from "Mommy, something really bad happened" back to eating a frosted shamrock cookie goes to show you how quickly she bounces back.

Tonight Alyson is putting her tooth under her pillow for the tooth fairy. I explained to her that I thought the tooth fairy would know by morning that she'd lost her tooth, and would be prepared to visit her the following evening while she sleeps.

Oh, yeah. One extra side note. Alyson kept this tooth in for a month and 3 days longer than most kids would...but still two days shy of school picture day!

2 comments:

KC and DL said...

Hey guys,
When is the baby due? Where are you moving? I've been checking the blog to see what job you get. Keep us updated!
Kyle

Allee Family Blog said...

Hi Kyle and Dana lee,

Ellary is due April 24th and we aren't sure where we're moving to. Kris will be done with interviews later this week and we are holding out on any decisions until we hear back from a couple of schools. Hopefully we will know where we are moving to in a few weeks, or atleast before the baby is born. Thanks for wondering, and we will keep you posted!

Jessica