Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Childhood Innocence


We breed Pembroke Welsh Corgis. They are a beautiful dog breed standing low to the ground with long bodies, short legs, tall ears and weighing about 25-30 lbs. You may recognize the breed because the Queen of England is a proud owner of several. Recently one of our female Corgis, Cloe, went into heat. So over the last several days we've been allowing Cloe and our male Corgi Kota to do "their business". I've kept the blinds to the back yard closed most of the time, but while I was downstairs resting between softball practice and mutual last night, Kourtney and Alyson wondered away somewhere upstairs.
A few moments later I could hear the girls laughing, and then Kourtney hollered, "Mommy, Cloe is giving Kota a piggy-back ride!" Trying not to make a big deal of it I responded, "Great, Babe. Why don't you come back downstairs with me and rest for a while."

No comments: