Monday, April 20, 2009

Campfire Smoke and S'mores

We spent some time making a fire pit out of pavers Saturday afternoon. Then we sat around the camp fire and ate s'mores. It's a little touch of Colorado that we've been looking forward to recreating ever since we moved into our new home. Mom and Dad have a fire pit made of old bricks that my niece, nephew and I made when I was about 13 years old, and Kris, Alyson, Kourtney and I had a wonderful time lighting it up and camping out by it last summer.

Kourtney has repeatedly asked if we can go camping outside, referring to setting the fire pit ablaze. But Alyson is sick and it's been raining for almost two days straight.


I am so thankful for daughters who enjoy going outside, getting a little dirty, but can go back inside and want to play dress-up and wear ballerina tu-tu's and dance all around the house. They are so versatile and fun...I only hope it lasts into their teenage years!

No comments: