Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Check Out the View

Here is a picture of the sunrise that Kris took one early morning from off our back deck.

And here is a picture that I took this morning-again from the back deck-when I noticed the fog hovering in the nature preserve behind our house. This picture reminds me of the scene in "Pride and Prejudice" (the one with Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen) when Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy meet in the field after the late night visit from Lady Katherine.

I'm not much of an early riser, but with these wonderful early morning views, it sure inspires me to get up a little sooner.

Also, the family and I went for a walk through the nature preserve on Sunday evening and saw a red fox. He shot across our path like a bullet. Now the girls want to do some exploring through the bushes and trees to see if we can find him again. Wow-it's awesome having this kind of nature just outside our back door.

No comments: