Friday, September 19, 2008

Our Three Girls

Alyson had her first kindergarten field trip to an apple orchard yesterday. She had so much fun picking apples and riding the bus with her friends. Alyson felt so big! She also got to bring home a bag full of apples, so she and I made some yummy cooked cinnamon apples after dinner. Now Alyson can't wait to make some more as a treat for family home evening on Monday night.
Now a little bit about Kourtney.
I have really enjoyed spending time with Kourtney and rediscovering some of her wonderful attributes while Alyson has been at school. She is so much fun to talk to sometimes because she can say some of the cutest things. She is also an expert story teller and song composer so she keeps us well entertained.
I have to tell you about something she told me last week as she, Ellary and I were walking home after taking Alyson to school last week. We were having a quiet walk home (it was about 8:50 am, still a little early for me) when Ellary began babbling away in her stroller.
Kourtney and I listened to Ella for a while, then Koco spoke up and said "Ella's talking to me."
"What is she saying," I asked.
"She says she told Heavenly Father she wants to be big just like you and me."
My heart melted. I love it when our girls say things that remind me of a bigger picture than just the present moment. I just wanted to pick Kourtney up and look through those big, beautiful brown eyes so I could see the world as wonderfully and innocently as she does. What a special girl!

Now on to Ellary.
She is feeling better than she did last week so she has begun to sleep in her crib at night instead of the bassinet. Ellary seems to really like the freedom of rolling around now that she has more room. When I checked on her around 1:30 last night she was laying on her stomach, so I attempted to roll her over onto her back. Just as I touched her, Ellary raised up with her arms, looked right up at me and gave me the biggest, wide-awake smile I have ever seen. What a happy face to have at 1:30 in the morning! She is such a delight! I will post more pictures of her room shortly. It's one of my favorite rooms in the house.
(We don't let Ellary sleep with a blanket anymore because she doesn't like the covers on her feet. She kicks the blanket off so hard that it doubles on to her torso. Then she pulls the covers over head where she can't get them off.)

1 comment:

Clark Family said...

Cute kids! Ellary's room is super cute!