Sunday, August 18, 2013

Funfilled Saturday

We had so much fun yesterday. It started out early in the morning for the Madison 5k. Kris, Alyson and I ran in it. Kris and Alyon were running buddies and I did it on my own. Alyson posted a time 25:25 and although she ran it one minute slower than her previous best record she still came in first for her age bracket of 10 to 14 year old. She did a great job!
I was scared that I would post a very poor time because I haven't ran very much in the past two weeks. I did better than I expected averaging 10:06 per mile. Still pretty slow but above average for my age bracket of 30 to 34 year olds. It was the best I could expect.
Later that morning Kourtney went to a birthday party at Scoops while the rest of us went back to school shopping. Can't believe summer is almost over!
Then we picked up Kourtney and went to the Sun Prairie Corn Festival. The corn was great, and we had a lot of fun letting the kids play at the carnival. They each got to go on two rides. It reminded Kris and I of our childhood days when we went to Fun Junction back in Colorado. Aly and Kourtney nearly lost their lunch on the first ride. I rode a kiddie ride with Ellary and Keegan. While Ellary raised her arms and squealed, Keegan proceeded to whine and cry. Poor boy! It was only a little boat that swung from side to side and occasionally in circles. They also road some high flying swings. Keegan smiled and waved the whole ride.
Kris went on the Cliffhanger with Aly and Koco. They hung underneath a glider on their tummies and flew through the air. They had so much fun! Before we left, Kris and I got to go on the furnnest ride of all. I don't know how to describe it but we had a blast! What a great day!

No comments: