Friday, August 2, 2013

Joel's Splash Party

Joel was an awful mess after eating Kix and bananas for breakfast this morning, and so insteard of bothering to take him up for a bath in the tub, I cleared the sink of dishes and he had a bath there.

Now you have to know that Joel does not typically like water. I have never given him a bath that he hasn't cried the majority of the time. Maybe it's because the sink is a new place for him, he only sees it from two feet off the ground and I'm there a lot it seems and therefore he is too, but whatever the reason, Joel loved his bath today. He splashed and giggled. He tossed the measuring cup around and used it to beat the water. Joel was one happy boy!

This experience reminded me a lot of when Kris' mom, Eleonore used to give Alyson and Kourtney baths in the sink. Unfortunately, neither Kris or I could remember for certain if she got the chance to give Ellary baths in the sink. I think I will give Joel baths there as often as possible. Besides the fact that Joel likes baths there, I will think of Eleonore more and have a clean, disinfected kitchen sink the majority of the time.

No comments: